Thursday, April 30, 2020

Reading Thursday30th April

30-4-20
Reading Activity
Read and enjoy the poem below then answer the questions.

roundhouse -a blow given with a wide sweep 




My puppy punched me in the eye.
My rabbit whacked my ear.
My ferret gave a frightful cry
and roundhouse kicked my rear.

My lizard flipped me upside down.
My kitten kicked my head.
My hamster slammed me to the ground
and left me nearly dead.

So my advice? Avoid regrets;
no matter what you do,
don't ever let your family pets
take lessons in kung fu.
--Kenn Nesbitt



Structure
1          How many verses does the poem have?
1     How many lines are there in each verse?
1     Are there any patterns?
Language
1    Can you spot any alliteration?
1    Is there any repetition?
1    Is there rhyme?
Meaning

1    Is the poem about science, friends, food or pets?
     What does ‘left me nearly dead’ mean?
     How many pets does this person have?


      





Willow's Wonderful Wagolls

💚Willows Wonderful Wagolls💚 Let's celebrate your wonderful achievements! 👀 Look at this fantastic art work! ...